View Single Post
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 10-01-2009, 03:55 PM

Default Amarr’s credit card stolen

Amarr’s credit card stolen

Amarr Upadhyay, best-loved as Mihir from Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi, was in a spot of trouble recently when his credit card was stolen and used for expensive purchases.

The actor explains: “This lady, my wife’s friend, had come over to our place. My wife went to bring her tea at which time she must’ve taken my credit card. After two days I got a call from the bank about a huge purchase of Rs 30,000 at a Croma store in Juhu. When I asked my wife about it, she said she hadn’t bought anything.”

Amarr then checked for his card and found it missing. “I made some inquiries and found that a Blackberry Storm mobile phone had been bought. I went to the store and showed them this woman’s photo, which I have in my Facebook account, and they recognised her. They crosschecked the photo with footage from the CCTV.”

The actor lodged a complaint against the woman at the Versova police station as she was not willing to meet him and sort out the issue. “I went to her place with the police and they slapped her. She gave them the phone and said she had thrown away that card,” he says, adding, “The police wanted to lock her up in jail at least for a night but we felt sorry for her. I paid for her and requested the police to leave her. So the matter was sorted.” The actor has since got a new credit card, but warns: “You have to be careful while picking your friends.”

On the work front, Amarr was last seen in Ghar Ek Sapna, and he was then busy with a Bhojpuri film. He is reportedly in talks for a few more shows and plans to launch his own production house soon.