View Single Post
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 01-28-2009, 04:08 PM

Default Apara Mehta in Comedy Circus - Chinchpokli to China

Kyunki's Savita, Apara Mehta, will now be seen entertaining her fans as she tries her hand at comedy in the popular show Chinchpokli to China. Apara says she loves doing comedy and is thoroughly enjoying herself.

"I really enjoyed doing comedy as it is very refreshing as well as more challenging than doing any other role. Script here plays an important role. At the same time doing a comedy is much more difficult as it needs more talent and effort," says Apara.

Apara explained her act to us. "There is this section in the show called Parde ke Peeche where 4 of us – Rajeev, Sucheta Khanna, Sudesh Lahiri and I were told to run a marriage bureau and I was to act as a young girl. The celebrity actor pretends to search for an ideal girl for him and comes to our marriage bureau. And that's when all the fun takes place," says Mehta.

"The script is written by the creative team but all of us in our group have given their inputs in the form of dialogues. A comedy is more like a play where you have to be impromptu about things," she adds.

Apara says her favorite comedians are Mehmood and Kishore Kumar. "You just can't control your laughter when you see the amazing comedy between Mehmoodji and Kishoreji in the popular Hindi movie Padosan. They are just too good with an amazing sense of humor."

Savita Dadi of Kyunki says as she loves doing comedy she would definitely take up some comedy shows in the future.
"After doing Chinchpokli to China I was offered to play another saas in Main Kab Saas Banoongi as they told me they wanted introduce another saas-bahu pair in the show but I refused. I would definitely think about it if I get something good."

The episode with Apara will be telecast on Saturday on Sony TV.