View Single Post
Payroll Time OM & PA Portal Payroll Fixes Career Tips SuccessFactors
Old 01-25-2011, 05:46 AM

21. How to create infotype in OM.

ANS:1 MAINTAIN TABLE V_T588M

ANS:2 To create a custom infotype for OM
steps:
1. create a structure with prefix HRIxxxx in se11 tx.
2. use this structure in tx/table. T777I
3. In OM based on each object the t.code will differ to enter the values into the infotype

ANS:3 To create a Infotype in OM use the transaction code PPCM.

It is very similar to PM01 which is used to create custom infotype for PA.

ANS:4 First create a HRI9nnn structure in se11 , then got to tcode PPCJ enter the number 9nnn, give description selcet field infotype & then click on Create your OM infotype would be created

ANS:5 You can do it by using PPCM and have to link it to any object t777i.

ANS:6 uSE PPCI

USE 9000-9999 for new infotype

Table T777I describes the attributes of the OM Infotype

You can maintain T777I here
PM > OM >Basic Setting>DATA model enhancement>infotype maintenance> Maintain Infotype

ANS: 7
Steps to create a HR Infotype:
1) Go to Transaction PM01.
2) Enter the custom Infotype number which you want to create (Should be a 4 digit number, start with 9).
3) Select the 'Employee Infotype' radio ****on.
4) Select the 'PS Structure Infotype'.
5) Click on Create... A separate table maintenance window appears...
6) Create a PS structure with all the fields you want on the Infotype
7) Save and Activate the PS structure
8) Go back to the initial screen of PM01.
9) Click on 'All' push ****on. It takes a few moments.
10) Click on 'Technical Characteristics'. Infotype list screen appears
11) Click on 'Change'(pencil) ****on
12) Select your Infotype and click on 'Detail' (magnifying glass) ****on
13) Give 'T591A' as subtype table
14) Give 'T591S' as subtype txt tab
15) Give your subtype field as subtype field
16) Save and come back to PM01 initial screen
17) Click on 'Infotype Characteristics' ... Infotype list screen appears
18) Click on 'Change' (pencil) ****on
19) Click on 'New Entries'
20) Enter your Infotype number and short text
21) Here we have to set different Infotype Characteristics as per the requirement. (Better open another session with some standard Infotype's infotype characteristics screen and use as the reference to fill yours)
22) Save your entries.
23) Now the Infotype is created and ready to use.
24) If you want to change the layout of the Infotype as per your requirement...
25) In the PM01 initial screen...Select 'Screen' radio ****on and give 2000 as the screen name, then click on edit.
26) In the next screen.. Select 'Layout Editor' and click 'Change'.
27) Screen default layout appears...here you can design/modify the screen..change the attributes of the fields..etc.
28) Save and activate. (Don't forget to 'Activate at every level)

Another way of creating the infotype with screen shots:
Creating a New Infotype

Step 1
Execute transaction PM01 (If you get a message saying the infotype can not be enhanced,
try transaction PPCI).

Step 2
Select create IT tab and enter new infotype number into selection box.

Step 3
Press the create ‘ALL’ ****on (left of infotype no.). You will get a dialog box asking to confirm,
press the create ****on.

Step 4
You will now be presented with the standard structure creation screen (SE11) where you need to
enter the fields of the new infotype. I have entered some examples but you can put anything in
here.

Step 5
Once you have entered the fields press save and then activate, before pressing the back ****on.
You will now be presented with the following screen, where you will need to make a new entry
or your created infotype (i.e. 9010).

Step 6
The next step is to fill in the infotype attributes, these will initially be blank and you will need to
fill them in similar to the following, depending on your requirements. Then press save.

Step 7
Your infotype is now created and can be accessed and populated in the usual way using
i.e. using transactions such as PA20 and PA30.

Step 8
If you look at the structure of your new infotype in transaction ‘SE11’ it will look similar to the
following:

22. i have made a custom org management infotype (name starting with 9).
Can i use any standard function module to read it.Like we have HR_read_infotype to read pa infotype ..do we have any standard function module to read custom om infotype...

ANS:1 If you have created the infotype using the standard SAP tools ( Transaction PPCI for OM infotypes) you should be able to use all standard function modules/class methods etc.

RH_READ_INFOTYPE_NNNN Should work

23. In OM, I need to put a validation while creating Positions in an Organizational unit.
I would like to know if there is any user exit for transaction PP01 while creating objects or relationships or else any suggestion as how can this be achieved.

ANS:1 yes there are user exits existing for pp01 .
EXIT NAME
1>RHGB0001
2>RHIV0001

YOU CAN CHECK THEM IN T-CODE SMOD AND CMOD
these are the only two exits for pp01

ANS:2 perhaps you could also use one of the following BAdIs:
HRBAS00_RELAT
HRBAS00INFTY

You could check this with transactions SE18/SE19.

My work is done using the BAdi HRBAS00INFTY

24. I created the OM Structure and now i want to integrate OM to PA and i know that we integrate these with help of PLOGI, but i dont know to configure PLOGI and where it is in IMG or in End user screen. and currently iam working on version 6, in this version the integration between PA and OM will take place default or we need to do it manually as we need to do it in 4.7

ANS:1 You can use tran code OOPS.
OR
In IMG go to Personnel Management>Orga. Management>Integration>Integration with Personnel Administration>Set up Integration with Personnel Administration.

In choose Activity you can go to Basic Settings. And check entry PLOGI ORGA X
if the value is not X than change it to X. For integration between OM and PA this value should be X.

ANS:2 PLOGI ORGA with value 'X'.

ANS:3 The integration can run in both ways.
There is a switch in table T77S0, PLOGI - PRELU that can be set to one of these values:

BTCI - The system writes changes made in OM module in a table (HRINTE30). These entries can be evaluated in off-line mode by executing report RHINTE30, which reads the table and creates a Batch-Input session to update Infotype 0001 accordingly.

BLANK or '0' - Changes made in OM module are transferred directly (on-line mode) between OM and PA Infotype 0001.

Otherwise, using an event in PA module transfer changes to OM always in online mode.

In IMG go to Personnel Management>Orga. Management>Integration>Integration with Personnel Administration>Set up Integration with Personnel Administration

25. In OM what should be the criteria for designing the Reporting structure? I mean what it should be based upon, like whether it should be based on Appraisals, Leave management or the normal workflow which is followed in the office?

ANS:1 it is always advised to follow the normal work flow followed in the office.
i believe leave management is also done in the same reporting level as the normal process in the office. same case with the appraisal but appraisal depends upon the kind of process u r following.

ANS:2 The Workflow follows the settings that are made at the OM level , and its common for all the Services.
26. how to load diary by a program the organizational structure, the organizational structure
changes all the days. Exist functions or BADI to load the organizational structure?

ANS:1 you could use ALE/IDOC.
Please have a look transaction SALE.

ANS:2 If you have the list of changes in Org Structure in Excel or Text Format you can create an LSMW for the same using which you can upload the relationships for the Org Units and Positions.It is advisable to use tcode PP02.

ANS:3 check report program - RHALTD00 (and see its documentation also)..
if it doesnt work then u should go for LSMW or SCAT instead of BDCs.

ANS:4 You can upload the Org. Structure using 'OODT - Legacy Data Transfer' transaction. For that you need to have this structure in sequential file.

Use 'OOMV - Create Sequential file ' to create sequential file,Download it to presentation server, update the Org. structure, upload it to Application server using transaction and run the 'OODT' using this file.

To download and upload the sequential file use transaction 'CACS_FILE_COPY'.
By seeing this, it may look complicated. But take Technical person help to manipulate sequential file.

27. My Dev Server is 200.
Golden Client is 200.
210 for testing.

Now, I shall do all configurations in 200 and transport it in 210. My doubt is, if i create the organizational structure in 200, can it be transported or uploaded in to 210 or I'll have to create that again.

ANS:1 When ever you do any configurations in Golden Master a request is to be generated and then it is transported to your Live & Testing Systems connected in the landscape.
So you don't have to again create the Org Structure in Testing or Live system.

I understand, that I can transport my configurations in Gloden client to testing through SCC1. My doubt is , whether it is possible to transport Organizational Structure, Units and all created in Simple maintenance. Because, no request is generated while creating Org. Units.

ANS:2 I understand , that org structure is a part of master data maintenance(Not of employee but of the Organization). its always suggested to create and edit master data in the respective clients without using the facility of Transport request.

Anyways, you can enable the Transport request with the help of Basis. Contact your basis team and ask them to enable the option of transport request when editing the Org Structure.
This will help you in transporting without creating the org structure again.

28. Wanted to find out the process how i can manage global implementation with multi country implementation in PA and OM. What should i do in PA and how about the structure in OM?

ANS:1 Maintain CPID for the employees. Maintain active and paying pernr's.

ANS:2 CPID means Central Person ID. This is maintained in table HRP1001. This is done for employee who have multiple pernr's. This are one of the basics in OM module.

29. do we have any specific reports in Organizational Management for newly created Org Units, Positions, Jobs on a yearly basis?

ANS:1 RHXEXI00 --> Existing Organizational Units
RHXSTR01--> Organizational Structure with Positions
RHXSTR02 --> Organizational Structure with Persons
RHXEXI02 --> Existing Jobs
RHXEXI03 --> Existing Positions

ANS:2 Check in SAP Easy Access menu as below
Information Systems->Human Resources->Reports->Organizational Management

30. The scenario is a position already occupied by an EE, when assigned to another EE at the time of hiring is accepted by the system and quite possible as position can be occupied by one or more persons.
But the requirement is to restrict one position to one person, is it possible through standard approach?

The following are the settings in T77ZR, S 1001 B007 C 2
Changed the TC to 0 & 1, still didn't work. Weighting % is 100 for the position.

ANS:1 this u can restrict in table t77va
where the relation ship characteristics are maintained take the relationship A008 and for the take the characteristic 100% keep it as E which stands for error.

Even after changing the value to E, still when i hire with a position already occupied by X, it still allows!

ANS:2 which relation have u taken is it A008 or B008

It's B008 and could not see A008.Is there any switch which restricts new hire with the active and occupied position?

ANS:3 add A008 and keep 100% as E

ANS:4 Check whether you have checked the Relationship Percentage in Additional data on Relationship Screen.

The relationship is ticked. Is it possible to make one person per position?
ANS:5 You can restrict up to 100%, but if any person holding less than 100% again he can assign it to some other position for the remaining.

but the current holder occupies 100%, still how can the position be occupied by another hire?
ANS:6 Yes it right current holder occupied 100% but still the other person can occupy that position, occupying percentage will change.

Does RHINTE00 help? Checked OSS as well, still of no use!

ANS:7 is your scenario is one position should not b occupied by more than one holder.
if this is right. go to the relationship characteristics take 0008 details it will generally show only b008 with 100%
you add a008 by taking new entries under the field 100% give E
and then save and try giving more than one holder to a position it should throw you the error.
i have done this and it is working fine.

I followed the path, still in PA40, when i assign the active/occupied positon, it still allows the next hire to occupy the same position. It is quite possible that any number of hires can hold the same position, but here, we would like to restrict that one position per EE.
What error does it throw in PA40, when you hire the occupied position.

The previous hire should have 0007 in order to compute the staffing %, any more inputs?

ANS:8 it does throw the same error as it throws when u r giving one person to two positions.staffing percentage is more than 100%

ANS:9 one thing you can do is in Exit/Badi (in PAI ) you can check wether that position is occupied by somebody if it is then throw an error so it wont allow the new hire to occupy same position.

ANS:10 this can be done in two ways (original qs).

1. View T77VA, go to time constraints. Select S A008 and set time constraint 2. this will prevent you from assigning a second person to the position (irrespective of the employment percentage).

2. Sam view, T77VA, Select the record : 008 Holder Go to Relationship Characteristics. there might be an existing record B 008. Create a new one (copy) A008 and put E in the 100% check column