View Single Post
Old 12-14-2008, 11:17 AM

101. Here we are using positive time management, where all actual time in and time out has been recorded in the time machines installed at factory gates. We want the daily time data has to uploaded to SAP System to run the time evaluation. Does SAP have any standard report/tool for the data upload, from time machine to SAP Or need to write ABAP programming to upload the data? Can you please send me the steps to be taken for the integration and any standard format is available for the uploading. Do you have any kind document on this?ffice:office" />

ANS:1 You can use program RPTEUP10 to upload time data daily. But this program is not certified or either supported by SAP. This is an example program which will serve your purpose without doing any programming. Also do goto HR-PDC notes,

102. I trying to understand how to upload time events by using the transaction PT80 (Subsystem connection - time events - upload request), can some one tell me how it works? I don't understand if I have to set up or configure a connection between the clocks and sap system, and then run another process.

ANS:1 Please see...
http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/en/8a/9868bc46c411d189470000e829fbbd/frameset.htm
It has ...
1. Example: Message Processing
2. Message View and Employee View for Message Processing
3. Message Functional Areas
4. Processing Methods
5. Individual Functions in Message Processing
and also 6. Authorizations in the Time Manager’s Workplace

ANS:2 In the project i have done recently, they have a link b/w sap system and the time recording machine. The time events wil be stored in a file and the same wil be stored in teh sap appln server. We need to post them explicitly in the Teven table which is nothing but hte infotype 2011.
Initially they wil be stored in the temporary buffer CC1TEV table. A batch job will be scheduled to post the tempory buffer entreis into the TEVEN table. the program name for the batch job is 'SAPCDT45'.
I guess you have to establish the connection b/w sap system and the time recording machine using PT80.

ANS;3 try pt45 and pt46 and pt44

103. Every day a flat text file gets generated from time machine, text file contains the employee id date and time, this file we have uploaded to SAP through Tcode PT80.
While processing the time event data system has to understand the employees time is In punching Or Out punching, for these we have done customizing in the table PDC Processing Statuses(V_T705B) for the key A01. Now we getting an error in time management pool "Time event Type is not assigned to time event type group 01" Any solution for this?
That means, you haven't assigned A01 to your PSgrouping 01. Check it one more time.

104. kindly tell me what is the primary wage type for creating or copying Time Wage type for ffice:smarttags" />India? For Calculation of Loss of Pay. For Example: Basic Pay we take MB10 into consideration Like that for Loss of Pay what has to be taken?

ANS:1 Are you hinting at leave with out pay (LWP)f scenario?
In this scenario they loss of pay happens to the employees due to the factoring of the wage types applicable to that particular employee.
Factoring depends on the yr Time management configurations of Absences & quotas,counting class etc...
The factoring for wage types depends on RULE INP1 for india payroll

If u assign Value 1 to processing class 10 of Wage type (tavle V_512w_d) then that wage type will get reduced according to the rule INP1 (SAP standard rule).
if u dont want to factor it due to LWP then assign 0 in processing class 10.
you can aslo write rule INp1 for special business requirement from the customer.
You are not configuring a wage type with amount to be deducted for LWP.It should be done through factoring & time management config.

Actually my Client wants If an employee takes an Leave that is a Loss of Pay automatically his Conveyance & Medical Allowances should be reduced.
For Example: An employee Gets Conveyance for 30 days is Rs.800/- & Medical is Rs.1250/- p.m. Now when he takes Leave for 2 days then automatically These 2 allowances should get reduced, then Conveyance will be Rs.747/- & Medical will be Rs.1167/- for 28 days. Now tell me How should I do this above sceniorio?
yr client requirement is the same what i mentioned above? is yr client's payroll is inegrated with time management?? Even if yr client dont wanna go for Time Management,though the Scope of the project is Just Payroll itself, u need to have PA (Master data config (India specific infotypes 0580 series) ) and basic Time management configs in place.
For your requirement you should configure absence types, quotas,counting rules,public holiday calender,basic work shedule (eg NORM) etc for this factoring. assign value 1 in Processing class of wage type that should get reduced in the view V_512w_d (transaction sm31). You have to really go through SAP Help & some materials ab't time mangmnt and learn well & go ahead.

I had done exactly what you had told but its not getting reduced to CA & MA. I had configured Time Managment also. Can u tell me which step did I missed?

Qn1. Is yr other wage types other than CA and MA getting reduced (factored)???
if yes then Check these wage types under V_512w_d for processing class 10.
give value 1 there .
If yr payroll is with out integration of time mangement & time evaluation then u have to comment in schema XT00 the TC00 ( for commenting you have to put an asteric symbol * ) PE01 transaction takes you there.
Answer clearly then only i will be able to make assesment of situation.
Thats why people who replies ask questions,so answer to the point,it will help both the parties.

I had mentioned for my both wage types 1 in the Processing class 10 under table number V_512W_D.
I wants to know in IT0008 the moment I enter my Wage type Conveyance Allowance & Medical Allowance the system automatically has to give me the balance amount for this what I needs to do?

105. Where do we maintain Time constraint assignment to subtypes of an infotype. I am looking to subtypes of IT 0210 ( Tax With holding ) " where do we create the subtypes and their characteristics for this infotype in IMG? I tried in view V_T591A but there is no entry for this 0210 infotype but I can find the time constraint assignment for the rest of the infotypes in this view.

ANS:1 SPRO-->Personnel Management--> Payroll-->Payroll:USA-->Payroll Results Adjustment-->Define Time Constraints for adjustments, select infotype 0210 & maintain

ANS:2 I checked this table earlier but here we can maintain the properties of the complete infotype. Here we can mention the table to use for individual subtype time constraint assignment, but for this particular INFOTYPE 0210 we can not mention the subtype table.

ANS:3 You can maintain the subtype table for 0210 in T777D via SM30/31.

106. As negative Time evaluation does the time evaluation based on the deviations to the work schedule, how is the time interpreted which are captured in 2001 and 2002 using TM01.
I just want to understand teh difference between TM01 and TM04 with respect to getting the time data from infotypes(in day processing). Both of them read 2001, 2002 infotypes in common, i am not clear how is this interpretation different different in two schemas TM01 and TM04.
Before going to know about TM01schema.It is better to know about Absence valuation. Absence valuation is a component in Time management which is used to evaluate absences like paid,unpaid,illness..so.on.There are different types of absence valuation methods which can be used depending on the requirement.
They are:
As is Principle:(Absence valuation as if emp had worked)
Formation of counting classes for factoring and cost acounting:(by considering different quotas for diferent emp grps and doing deductions)
Individual Caluculation:(Deiations to atual schedules)
Valuation ofabsenes using averages and constants: (Ex: Overttime caluculation)
To do all above processes sys depends on different Schemas ..
Depending on the business req shemas canbehange.

TM01:TimeEvaluation schema which is used for exceptions to work schedule.(For ex:A set of emps who has to work for a hr extra for first two days a weekie its the deviation to actual schedule)
TM04:Time evaluation for data recorded in hrs(This is a case for production workers for whom the payment is done depending on no of working hrs)