View Single Post
Old 12-14-2008, 11:16 AM

94. I m working on CATS where in the data is interfaced through a legacy system.
I have the following Queries which requires an urgent response.
• Data from the legacy system to be transported is based on Wagetypes
• How to assign a Wagetype ( For example Wagetype-1000) to an Attendance and Absence Type and accordingly pick it up in Time Evaluation and send the data to Payroll
• I am confused of how to send the wagetype data to Payroll through Time Evaluation.ffice:office" />

ANS:1 i have used documents this site to understand how to create time wage types in time evaluation, thrue table T554s, T555Y and T510S
http://www.insightcp.com/res_16.htm
When wagetypes are stored in ZL they are processed in Payroll.

ANS:2 Please maintain the table T554S.
Please maintain a proper Time Management Status in IT0007, so that time can be integrated with payroll.

95. any document about time, worklow and time bapi for 4.7 / 4.6c

ANS:1 Hope this helps for time management:
http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005vp/helpdata/en/8a/9868bc46c411d189470000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

ANS:2 Some BAPI,s for time module are :-
1)BAPI_ABSENCE_CREATE
2)BAPI_TIMEQUOTA_GETDETAILEDLIST
3)BAPI_EMPATTABS_GETDETAIL
4)BAPI_PTIMEOVERVIEW_GET
5)BAPI_ABSENCE_GETDETAIL
6)BAPI_PTIMEOVERVIEW_SAVEREPLICA

ANS:3 Check with below links
http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/a5/3ec8534ac011d1894e0000e829fbbd/frameset.htm
https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/ab80b790-0201-0010-569a-99dcadc709c3
https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/40bceb90-0201-0010-7297-d5e11f35743f

96. I'd like to know the basic tables to customize de types of time wages to transfer to payroll.
The first question is where do I relation a time type to a payrol wage type.

ANS:1 I am not sure whether table v_512w_d is you are looking for. For example you may configure one hourly pay wagetype in this table (normally you need to use tcode oh11 to copy a standard wagetype), after then you can put this hourly pay wagetype in IT0008 with time records for calculation payroll.

ANS:2 Table T510S is used to generate time wage type (with the help of time types and processing types) and these time wage types will store only the hours in time management module. When these are carried over to the payroll, dollar amounts are attached to these wage types in payroll.
If time management is not used, then time wage types can be generated inside the payroll schema itself (U000). The function DAYPR will call the sub-schema TC00 and time wage types are generated inside this.

ANS;3 maintain Table T510S and read the doc on DAYMO function

97. I would like to learn and know about infotypes of time management such as IT2001,IT2002,IT2006,IT2007. If possible please give a scenario and explain breifly about the funtionality
of each fields in those infotypes such as absence, attendence, absence quota and attendance quotas.

ANS; You can use the Attendances and Absences component to create the basic time information for the evaluation and accounting of your employees’ working times. You can use the Attendances (2002) and Absences (2001) infotypes to record time information efficiently.
You should use the Attendances/Absences component if you want to record working times or absence times for individual employees.
You can use Attendances to record the following situations, for example:
· Employees’ actual times
· Deviations from an employee’s personal work schedule
· Deviations from an employee’s general activities (such as seminar attendances, business trips)

You can use Absences to record the following situations, for example:
· Leave
· Doctor’s appointments
· Illness
You can specify data entry checks that permit or prevent the entry of specific attendances and absences.
You use 2006 infotype to manage time accounts that represent employees’ absence entitlements or time credits. The time accounts contain a particular number of days or hours during which employees are permitted to be off work.
You can use 2006 infotype to manage the following time accounts, for example:
· Employees’ annual leave
· Time in lieu accounts, containing hours of overtime for which employees are permitted to claim compensatory time off
· Paid and unpaid absence entitlements, such as for illness or other life events
You use 2007 infotype to manage time accounts that represent employees’ attendance approvals.
Employees’ working times affect costs. You can therefore use the Attendance Quotas infotype (2007) to specify how many hours an employee is permitted to work, and at what times. The system monitors how these time accounts are accrued and deducted.
You can use the infotype to manage the following time accounts, for example:
· Approvals for an employee to use a set number of days each year for further training
· Approvals for an employee to work a set number of overtime hours, if required, at set times over a set period

98. My client needs the following data:
Employee applies for 5 days leave.
later he cancels it and re applies for 3 days only. In absences infotype, i delete earlier absences of 5 days and put only 3 days. but client wants to see both data...his first leave application of 5 days, and the second leave application of 3 days also... how do we save LEAVE APPLICATIONS?? Even though the first leave application is cancelled,client wants to see as:
1. 5 days leave
2. 3 days Leave etc...

ANS:1 You could find useful this transaction: S_AHR_61016380, there you can log infotypes changes, so that you can save the leave record after modifying/deleting it in PA30.
ANS:2 I hope, you will have the splits in the corresponding table. Eventually, you have the two splits in his / her master record history.

99. anyone who worked on time constraints in depth. please let me know how can i delete the absence and overwrite it with attendnce automatically. if i eneted abse for 2nd aug, and i try to enter attendance on 2nd aug, it is not allowing/ or allowing both records to exist... i am using A for attdnace ...still not able to get...where else do i need to chnage in 554y_b table?

ANS:1 A time constraint indicates whether more than one infotype record may be available at one time.
The following time constraint indicators are permissible:
1 No overlapping and no gaps.
2 No overlapping but time gaps are permitted.
3 Overlapping and and time gaps are permitted.
A Only one record may exist, valid from 01/01/1800 to 12/31/9999.
Splitting and deletion is not permissible.
B Only one record may exist, valid from 01/01/1800 to 12/31/9999.
Splitting is not permissible, but may be deleted.
T The time constraint varies depending on the subtype.
Z Refers to time management infotypes

ANS:2 First of all, I am not able to understand "How a person will remain absent and present at the same time on 2nd Aug?" Not sure, if your client have got such typical requirement...
Moreover its related to Time constraint Class and you need to change the Reaction indicators and TCC in the table.

Actually i am not asking that the employee should have ATTENDANCE and ABSCENCE records for same day...my problem is: The Abs record shuld get deleted if i try to enter ATTENDANCE at later days... REGULARIZATION u might have veard of..where employees want to correct their abscences.
means 2nd aug, by some delay or mistake, it is marked absence, later tomm, if i enter attendance in 2002 infotype, SAP shuld delete the earlier absence automatically, and maintain only attendance.
in fact i had achieved doing it last year in my project, same thing i am not able to do now....

ANS:3 Well if you did it last year with the help of time constraints then i don't know, I thought time constraints check only on the same infotype. Interesting to know that it can also work on 2 different infotypes.

Anyways, alternatively, you could setup a dynamic action (background delte) for your requirement.
Dynamic Action may need some description of the reaction....instead if i just change the time constraint ,i can solve...and i have of course solved my problem.

ANS:4 Use table v_554y_b and reaction Type A to overwrite attendance with new coming absences (and viceversa)in the first screen it is shown the incoming infotype and time constraint type. Doubleclicking you set the reaction against existing ones

100. Does anyone know what is the meaning of this operation: HRS?IDAHRS

ANS:1 Operation HRS?IDAHRS returns the number of working hours of the employee (contents of field ARBST from infotype 0007, planned working time).

ANS:2 Furthet to Rodrigo,the code compares the value in the Hrs field with that of the planned working time.It does not return the value. It depends upon the work schedule.
So using this operation as you have written it, the operation will actually return < (less than), > (greater than) or = (equal to), depending on whether the variable HRS has a less than, greater than or equal value compared to the daily working hours value from infotype 0007.