View Single Post
Old 04-29-2011, 01:24 PM

Celebrity reaction on Twitter

Kate Middleton walks into Westminster Abbey in her Alexander McQueen dress designed by Sarah Burton

Kate Middleton's royal wedding dress has been talked about for months - and her Sarah Burton-designed outfit appears to have hit the spot.
Her husband told her she looked beautiful when she arrived at the altar, and the ivory creation seems to have taken the breath away for those watching too.
Many celebrities have shared their thoughts on Kate's wedding dress on Twitter.
Coleen Rooney tweeted: "Kate looks beautiful breath of fresh air!! William and Harry look very smart aswell! Very tasteful x"

Former Spice Girl Emma Bunton commented: "Absolutely beautiful couple!!! They look exquisite!"
Singer Estelle was just one of the celebrities who approved of her choice of Alexander McQueen's successor: "She looks soooo pwettyyyy. Gorgeous and grand and Yasssss mcqueen.... Amazing."
Sinitta was another McQueen fan: "Very classical, victorian and delicate gorgeous! Whoop whoop! HRH(in a minute) Is Rocking amazing Lee Mcqueen!!!
Singer Paloma Faith also enjoyed the dress, commenting: "Oh god. I can't stop thinking about Coming To America watching this! It's too much. Love the dress so much!"
Article continues below >>
Related articles

• Royal Wedding wishes for Prince William and Kate Middleton: Send us your good luck messages and marriage advice
  • Royal Wedding: Send us pictures and videos of your celebrations
  • Royal Wedding programme available to download
  • Prince William and Kate Middleton's wedding music pays tribute to Princess Diana
  • Kate Middleton's wave for fans as royal wedding mania sweeps nation Dancing On Ice judge Jason Gardiner thought Kate handled herself welll - and was pleased to have had a similar dress on a This Morning segment. He wrote: "Right I'm overcome with emotion for them both. Kate is so regal and poised graceful and elegant. Every bit a Princess. Yes the Pronovias dress I featured on TM was very similar. I had a feeling she'd do something like this. So glad she went with Mc Queen!"
    ITV presenter Phillip Schofield said simply: "Wow!! She looks amazing."
    Jonathan Ross was also a fan, saying: "The dress is very nice and Harry is rocking the best man look."
    And Eamonn Holmes tweeted: "What a bride - stunning or what?"
    BBC presenter Clare Balding loved the look - but was anxious for Kate's journey down the aisle. She wrote: "Oh please don't trip, please don't trip. Good luck Kate. Wow, she looks totally stunning."
    Coronation Street actress Katherine Kelly, who plays Becky McDonald, tweeted: "Loving the lace girl! From 1 Katherine 2 another-u look fab! Don't think Bex would approve though. A bit of hot pink or a few feathers wouldn't have gone amiss!"
    Ex EastEnder Louisa Lytton got emotional. She said: "This is so overwhelming!! She looks incredible!!"
    X Factor winners Joe McElderry and Alexandra Burke gave their verdicts.
    Joe wrote: "I love Kate Middleton! She looks amazing!!"
    Alex tweeted: "Kate Looks Beautiful !!!! #RoyalWedding"
    Magician Paul Daniels summed up the mood with his tweet. He said: "WOW. Now THAT is what a Princess SHOULD look like. What an entrance. What a look. Perfect."
    Singer BoyGeorge loved Kate's look, commenting: "The dress is beautiful, yes, I'm sooo gay!"
    Carol Vorderman thought the gown could not have been better, tweeting: "That dress is perfect xxx Dress so similar to Julie Andrews dress in Sound of Music... except sleeves were lace... I loved it as I do Sound of Music ... often x"
    ITV presenter Jenni Falconer was excited to see Kate's dress. She wrote: "Oooooohhhhh!! There she is. She looks beautiful...from what we can see...That train looks rather long! Wow. Simply stunning."
    Georgie Thompson, whose relationship with Dec Donnelly ended earlier this month, said: "How beautiful does Kate look?! Wow wow wee wow.
    Blue singer Antony Costa said: "Kate Middleton looks absolutely stunning #royalwedding"
    Britain's Got Talent judge Amanda Holden felt Kate's frock had a Hollywood feel, tweeting: "Kate looked every inch a Princess! Beautifully simple and elegant! And handsome William her Prince Charming! What a dream!! Similar dress to Grace Kelly I thought x"
    BBC presenter Claudia Winkleman praised the dress designer: "Kate and Pippa look amazing. Clever Sarah Burton. Right. Bagel time."
    Mirror readers also gave their verdict on the dress. Ali Parker summed it all up, commenting simply: "STUNNING"
    Lauren Rice said: "Kate's dress is lovely, she is so pretty "
    Josephine Fallourd wrote: "M-A-G-N-I-F-I-Q-U-E !"
    Pece Dimoski was unconvinced, saying: "Nothing special but is McQueen..."
    Pen Mac had mixed emotions, commenting: "Loved the wedding, love the dress, love Kate, can't stand bloody Camilla-makes Charles happy -who cares? -cheers from downunder."