View Single Post
Old 12-14-2008, 10:48 AM

11. If I am capturing time data of all employees in any legacy system, and then transferring that data in SAP system using BDC, will SAP allow me to edit that time data say for example IN and OUT time of some or all employees? I am working in SAP 6.0.ffice:office" />
Time data is already entered but you want to edit right if you are using cats the solution would have been easy but in this case you have to make changes to the Time Cluster RT tables
Check - Time pair data from cluster tables B1 and B2: IF_PT_TD_TIMPAIR
also CHECK, The grouping for employee attendance/absence reasons is assigned in the Time Recording Info infotype (0050). The SAP Enhancement HRPTIM05 is available for setting up the connection with external time
management systems (HR-PDC).

12. I faced one question that the client is not implementing Payroll and it is running by third party at the time what is the use of time management and how can we integrate time management to other payroll.
Pl take a look at the Interface Toolbox for HR ie TCode PU12.
the use of time management is off course not only to feed the payroll! Time Evaluation will calculate and accrue your absence/attendance quotas, process all deductions, additions and transfer from all time infotypes and adjust the quotas accordingly. And then there's TMW time managers workplace, CATS,... so there's more in live then payroll.

13. What is accrual period?
Accrual period is the period in which you need to accumulate the quota. It depends on the client.
There are various methods available for granting absence entitlements to employees:
1.By manually recording absence entitlements in the Absence Quotas infotype (2006), where absence entitlement is granted to employees individually based on special criteria
2.By setting default values for entitlements when creating records in the Absence Quotas infotype (2006)
3.By automatically accruing absence entitlements. The entitlement determined has to be changed only in exceptional cases.
An addition, two methods are available to automatically accrue time-off credits: The method used for accruing absence entitlements depends upon whether absence entitlement is granted in a lump sum in advance or proportionately after a calculation period has been completed. Where absence entitlement is granted in its entirety in advance, the total entitlement for a subsequent period (such as a calendar year) is accrued at one time in advance. The entitlement is immediately available in the Absence Quotas infotype (2006). The system can calculate the entitlement on the basis of the employee's HR master data, such as age or seniority. If you use time evaluation, you can take account of completed time data from past periods. You must specify for all quota types whether they are to be accrued automatically using time evaluation, or manually, or using the report RPTQTA00 (Generate
Absence Quotas).

14. An employee with personnel no from an our unit, is appearing in the shift planning, even though the data in the IT 0007 "employee time management status" is "no time evaluation".
Check with different options available in "Time Mgmt status" in IT0007 I am not clear with your reply.The problem is time mgmt status in IT 0007 for this particular pers no is Zero i.e "No time eval", but still this pers.no appears in shift planning.

15.A time admin tested in QA portal with a test user ,put in a vacation time off request for 88 hours 04/16/07 – 04/30/07. Sent it and approved it. It doesn’t show up in the Time off request Overview that it is approved. It’s not showing up anywhere, not even IT2001 or IT2006. looks good during entry and approval, but then the time off disappears. So, I entered time off in the past and everything shows up where can be the issue, is it with the workflow in ESS or with the configuration set up
1. Are you using the CATS / ESS Webdynpro Time Recording?
In this case, after the approval process, try to use the trans CAT6 to bring time data to HR.
Or, if you approve via CATS_APPR_LITE, be sure that the flag "Immediate transfer to HR" is ON.
Then, you should see your time data in the IT2001.
well we are using the ITS version, but the issue is when the user requests for the time off for vacation quota type in the portal for 88 hours for the month of April and sends it for approval and when approved, the approved and planned 88 hours are not showing up in the time off requests overview
but when did the same thing for the past month now i,e for the month of feb for similar amount of hours they show up what can be the bug and one more question is there any Tcode to approve the time off requests for absence quota in the R3 system

2.for viewing absence quota overview you have tcode pt50 and also for time off you go to pa61 time master data and infotype 0051 monthly calendar if you do changes their that will reflect time sheet

16. Hi I am running TM00, Its working fine, but when I run Tm00 for the month of may 2007 It is running for 30st April 2007 also, I want it to run only for the month of May 2007, For 30th april 2007 its giving error.
1. Unlike the section Time Evaluation Without Clock Times, schema TM00 sets the following
preconditions and objectives:
Employees' working times are generally recorded at subsystem in the form of clock-in and clock-out entries.
Time pairs are then formed from the time events. Any times not recorded using this method, but which count as working time, are entered as absences and attendances in infotypes 2001 and 2002.
Clock times are of relevance to time data. They are compared with the specifications in the daily work schedule (core times, break times, start/end tolerances) to determine whether or not the employee worked the correct hours, when time should be deducted for breaks and which time qualifies as overtime.
Check p2011 time events

Q. But My question is, that the I am getting a error because there is no data for employee in 2011 infotype for this employee in 30.04.2007.
message saying
Tolerances and error checks

4 PTIPA TE10 GEN Adjust absences
5 ACTIO TE20 Check for day with error

5 Processing /
0 Call rule TE20
/ Error entry no. 01
30.04.2007 Incorrect processing for EE 00000057

2. have you somewhere stored data for 30.04?
e.g. IT 0050, it 20*
what is inside the clusters:
PT_CLSTB1
PT_CLSTB2
delete the clusters:
RPUP1D00
RPUP1D10

RPUP2D00
RPUP2D10
Q. There is no data in 2011 on 30.04.2007 or in 0050, In payroll status also
PDC recalculation is 01.05.2007
I am in RPUP1D00
what is that I need to enter in
Relation ID --------- ?
Sort field -----------?
relation id is B1 or B2 -> depends on the cluster sort field -> is personnel number with all 8 digits.
not onyl 321 but 00000321
Q. Thanks for helping us, We are implementing time mgt, I have been running Tm00 in test mode only
hence there is no data in the clusters, but we still have the same message,
A. please chekck your Infotypes. There should be somewhere a mistake. please check if alle ITs are valid from 01.04.07 also important IT 0003
Use V_T569R table to set a limit to recalculation date for time management for every employee

17. can we see in infotype 2001 when the approval for the absence type is done, if not where can we see when the approval is done in time mgmt infotypes
I guess that the time rejected (no approval) is recorded in CATS (Time Sheet). it will transfer to IT2001 of HR module when approved.
CATSDB is the table in which you can check the approval is done or not. Once it is approved,it should come to 2001 infotype.
Yes. It is available in the table CATSDB. The data available in CATSDB is transferred to the infotypes only if the variant "WORKFLOW" is set with "Immediate transfer to HR" for the approval report in IMG settings.
To know more about the data transfer process refer the following.
Check out this document from page 177 to 184.(CA_TS)
Also check this document from page 28. (TS HR DS)

And if you are just interested in checking the status of the time sheets submitted the report "CATSSHOW" will be usefull.

18. If i am capturing time data from any other system and then feeding that data in SAP, do i need to configure SAP? If yes, what?
1. You are recording the time data using a time recording system. and to evaluate the data from the recording system you need to upload the "clock in" and "clock outs" data in time events 2011 Infotype and use "positive Time evaluation". For more information check this sites.
Time Recording , Time Evaluation (SAP LIB)

2. let me know is it positive time management or negative time management?, if it is positive time management we can do through
CATS,u can check it these transaction codes: CAT2 and CAT3(display).

other wise the actual scenario of capturing the data is one is punch cards(swipe cards) and second one is system login to capture the time data, after this data u should put into a an Excel sheet then u can upload the data from SAP to non SAP

3. Yes, from any third party system you can download data to a flat file, and modify flat file as suitable format to store data into SAP system through custom program and upload it to SAP system.
Its all depends again what data you want to upload, either positive (if want to calculate time pairs - login and logout) or negative (Absences - deviations from work schedules)