View Single Post
Old 11-23-2009, 11:04 AM
Award Winner

#3 Write a META description that gets you noticed

This is important. Not only can this tip alone get you ahead of most competitors, but it's also what readers see of your site before they decide to visit. You need to write something for people, but that search engines will like. Don't worry. It's a lot easier than it sounds.

Take all of your keywords and line them up in order of importance. Since "sending flowers" gets more searches than any other, let's start there and use the same logic for the rest. Now we have, in order, "sending flowers", "flowers", "wedding flowers", and "Mothers Day."

Be sure to improve your keyword prominence (relevance based on position) by using your best keyword within the first few words of the description, like this: "Sending flowers has never been easier.

Here you will find inside tips on the least expensive ways to send the freshest wedding flowers, Mothers Day arrangements or whatever else you need."

As you can see, we used all of our keywords without overloading the text and broke it up a little by adding some detail. It works great! Just try to keep the description at or under 250 characters (including spaces).

#4 Add great content

Why Park does 99% of the work for you. All you have to do is enter your keywords into the article finder provided by the "Research Your Keywords" link (located beside the keywords box.)

Without using any imagination at all, I found 172 articles in a few seconds...

sending flowers - 5 flowers - 151 wedding flowers - 16

Total Articles: 172

Add "roses" and get another 59! That's 231 articles in 10 seconds. You get the idea - more general related keywords can take you over the top and give you a huge, content-rich search engine friendly site, in seconds!

#5 Use the best-pulling AdSense ad style and color combination

My click-through rate (CTR) tripled when I switched to this format.

Select ad size 336 x 280. If that's too big, try 300 x 250. And try to make your ad border and ad background colors the same as your Website's background color. It helps it blend in and take away some of the "advertisement" feel. It's also usually best to go with the standard blue hyperlink color for the actual links.

#6 Get submitted to major search engines fast and free

I use this place all the time. They submit your site to 40 search engines instantly, for free: http://www.submitexpress.com/.