View Single Post
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 07-11-2009, 02:00 PM

Default Amardeep Jha's triple treat!

We all cherish Amardeep Jha as Nani in Star Plus' Bidaai, Shankari Tai in Star Plus' Yeh Rishta, and Mehru Chachi in COLORS' Swarg. But one interesting aspect to be noted here is that, the talented actress is part of all the three ongoing shows of Rajan Shahi's Directors' Kut.

Talking about how all the three shows happened she says, "I know Rajan right from the days of Thoda Hai Thode Ki Zaroorat Hai. That time he was an assistant. I got to know him better in Humhare Tumhare. By the time Bidaai happened, we became very close. After Bidaai, when he offered Shankari Tai's role in Yeh Rishta, I accepted it without hesitation, as I love working with him. But when it so happened that he wanted me to portray Mehru Chachi in his third show Swarg, I grew apprehensive as I thought I won't be able to handle three shows at a time. But Rajan assured me that he would take care of the scheduling, for all three are in-house shows."

According to Amardeep the variety between her three roles is what makes her job so interesting. She says, "As an actor I love variety and the fact that all my three roles are totally different and unique in their own way is what allows me to reinvent myself constantly."

So which character is Amardeep's favorite? "Definitely Nani of Bidaai. I've been portraying Nani for so long that I have developed a great friendship with her. And with Shankari Tai the process of bonding is going on."

Amardeep however strikes a chord with Mehru Chachi in a personal way. She says, "Mehru Chachi is the character that I can relate to the most on a personal front. The emotional angle of Mehru Chachi is very much like me."

Hope Amardeep continues to entertain us in many different ways…