View Single Post
Old 06-08-2009, 05:16 AM
bholus7

ARP asked, Hello Sridhar, I have invested in tne below mutual funds. As of now all of these are in loss please advise as to what would be a better plan to stay invested for some more time or to book loss and come out.

IDFC PREMIER EQUITY FUND-DIVIDEND KOTAK MAHINDRA MUTUAL FUND KOTAK OPPORTUNITIES-GROWTH RELIANCE MUTUAL FUND RELIANCE DIVERSIFIED POWER SECTOR FUND - GROWTH RELIANCE MUTUAL FUND RELIANCE NATURAL RESOURCES FUND - GROWTH SUNDARAM BNP PARIBAS MUTUAL FUND SUNDARAM BNP PARIBAS CAPEX OPPORTUNITIES FUND

Vetapalem Sridhar answers, Hi, by remaining invested thro this turbulent phase the value of ur investments hv risen by 60-70% from the bottom.

The lesson to learn is that if u wait with Patience for long enough ur investments will grow and deliever u decent returns.

Equities is a long term investment. Dont look at it as something from where u need to recover ur losses. Look at it as an option which over the long run will build wealth for u.

anand asked, My ctc is 5 Lac and I have to purchse a home in mumbai, navimumbai or in thane. Looking for the single BHK home. Is this the right time to purchase a home?

Vetapalem Sridhar answers, Hi Anand, this is a better time to buy a property. With the economy expected to get better over time it does not seem that real estate prices will go done a lot futher from current levels.

As and when economy recovers, property prices will start to move up. There is however still some time before it happens..

NITIN asked, At 33 have net income of 25,000 p.m. i am investing 2,000 in SIP 55,000 in LIC 25,000 Infrastructure Bonds 8% additional towards PF 6,700 Home Loan WANT TO KNOW WHETHER I HAVE INVESTED CORRECTLY

Vetapalem Sridhar answers, Hi Nitin, u should evaluate ur LIC. It may be better to get urself an adequate TERM Insruance cover, and invest the rest money wisely. A PPF maybe better than ur Infra bonds. Increase the SIPs in case u decide to replan the insurance part.