View Single Post
Old 06-08-2009, 05:14 AM
bholus7

Default How to cope with your mutual fund losses?

How to cope with your mutual fund losses?

Are you sitting on big losses on your mutual fund investments? What should you do now that the stock market has moved up so fast since March this year?

Should you put your money into mutual funds now? Or should you wait for an opportunity to invest?

In a chat with Get Ahead readers on June 3, financial planning expert Vetapalem Sridhar answered these and several other queries related to mutual fund investments, financial planning and how to achieve financial freedom for you and your family.

For those of you who missed the chat, here is the transcript.

vidh asked, Hi Sridhar, my current take home is 50k per month. I have a home loan for which i am paying an EMI of 10K/month, I have a 2 personal loan, the total amount being about 10K, I want to purchase a house in Mumbai (suburb limit), with one home loan continuing, how can I plan for the same? The approx cost for the house i plan to buy would be around 40 Lacs.

Vetapalem Sridhar answers, at 2009-06-03 14:09:26Hi Vidh, with 20K going towards existing loans, u r left with 30K. U will not be able to get a sizable loan to buy a house of 40L with ur current Financial state. U can evaluate of the following works.

If u already hv some money for downpayment, then by selling ur existing property and clearing ur existing loans u maybe able to purchase the 40L flat.