View Single Post
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 02-09-2011, 04:26 PM

Maa Exchange the recently launched reality show on Sony has a twist this week. The celebrities this week are kids- Avinash Mukherjee who is still remembered as the young Jagdish of Balika Vadhu and I****a Panchal who played the young Tapasya in Uttaran.

Discuss here

According to the format of the show the mothers of these two kids were exchanged for a week and we catch up with them as they recall their experience.

I****a says “My experience with Avinash’s mother was good as well as challenging. The best thing about her is that she is a good teacher”. However when asked if she had any problems with her new mom I****a states quite a long list of complains as she says “ She had a fight with my maid because my maid asked for a little help in doing household tasks. Besides this at one point she was scolding me and then suddenly said ‘Main Kali Maa ka roop le looongi and you can ask my students who are aware of how strict I can be’. I was very scared after that and kept crying. I wish she had behaved loving with me rather than scaring me like this. On the second day I was missing mom as I have never lived without her but she felt that I am not even making an effort to accept her as my new mom. Someone even stopped dad from coming home because she insisted on spending time with me and I was really terrified by this behavior. Also she used to keep comparing me to Avinash saying that he has won so many awards. Even though I have not won awards I am happy because people have appreciated my work but it hurt when she kept mentioning about awards. I was also upset when I got to know that Avinash was not made to follow any of the rules that she forced me to follow”.

Speaking about the concept of the show she says “The cameras were on 24/7. I could not even visit my friends house alone and even when we were sleeping footage was being recorded. I felt like my own home had become like a jail for me”. As for lessons learnt after being on the show she quips “I was missing my mom at every point because Avinash’s mom is completely different. I learnt that my mom is the best and no one can replace her”. When asked if she has any message for Avinash’s mom she laughs “Please don’t tell anyone about your Kali Maa ka roop”.

I****a’s mother says “My main motive of accepting this show was teaching I****a to be independent. She has never been away from me and I wanted her to get used to being alone. Her only condition was that her dad will be with her all the time. He is a doctor but he took leave so that she does not feel uncomfortable with her new mom. I think I have been successful as I****a has now started sleeping alone”. As for her experience with Avinash she says “I felt that he is not too attached to his mom but overall it was good”.

We also caught up with Avinash who seems to have had a much better experience compared to I****a. Avinash says “My experience with I****a’s mom was good, being a doctor she taught me about medicine and also helped me to study science. It took me 2-3 days to get adjusted but after that we became family. I did not miss my real mom much”. When asked about the problems he says “I had to sleep on the sofa for the first time in my life. Also she did not listen to me and kept interrupting when I was speaking”. As for lessons learnt he says “My new mom taught me to help in household work. Over all the experience was good and I will not mind being part of more such shows in the future”.

Avinash’s mother refuted claims of Avinash not being close to her. When asked about her experience she says “I felt that I****a is over pampered and did not accept me as her new mom. She kept crying all the time so I took her to a counselor after which, she changed her behavior. Her parents should not pamper her so much”. However she adds “ I am open to such reality shows in the future as I find them exciting”.

Catch all the action on Maa Exchange tonight.