View Single Post
Payroll Time OM & PA Portal Payroll Fixes Career Tips SuccessFactors
Old 01-25-2011, 05:46 AM

31. 1) how to Integrate OM with PA and wut are all the steps should be taken care and configured.
Also how to integrate OM and TEM.

2)Is it possible tat PA can be implemented without OM?

3)What are dynamic actions in PA

ANS:1 1. To do that, you need to activate the integration switch PLOGI ORGA in table T77S0.

2. Yes, ofcourse you can implement PA without OM. But, to get the full benefit of SAP, we always insist to implement both the modules.

3. Dynamic Actions are automatically triggered by the system, if some condition met. For Ex: If you enter marital status as married in IT 0002, system automatically triggers the IT 0021 and subtype Spouse to maintain the data.

ANS:2 The integration switch is PLOGI ORGA in table T77S0.
You can implement PA without OM.
Dynamic Actions (table T558Z) are automatically triggered when desired conditions are met.

ANS:3 1. Integration of OM and PA can be done through PLOGI ORGA., This can be done in implementation screen. GO to -> PM ->OM -> Integration -> SET UP integration with PA
2. Yes PA can be implemented without OM
3. Dynamic Actions are automatically triggered by the system. Ex: when u r hiring an employee in transaction PA30 as soon as u enter details and save 0000, it will automatically pop to second screen 0001., this is because of dynamic actions.

32. Is there a way to restrict authorization in OM objects at the level of id's? I mean, i have a position and I have other objet X to make a relation (it HRP1001), but i want some users only to be able to make the relation between objet X id from 1 to 10 and other to make the relation with id 11 to 20...
Is that possible? Maybe with the p_orgin authorization, how to configure it..

ANS:1 Use Tcode SU21, & then double-click on HR(Human resource), here you will find all objects related to HR.

PLOG object is used to restrict authorization in OM objects. Click on this object, there is ****on 'Display object Documentation', which will help you to configure it or take BASIS help to configure this object.

which authorization field can I use to retrieve the ID of the object?

ANS:2 you may combine your authorization with structural authorization. Maintenance of a certain infotype you can define it in the normal authorization while with org unit you can use the structural authorization. TCODE are OOSP and OOSB

Maintain those transactions is a task for HR functionals or for the security guys?

ANS:3 it depends on your organization but in SAP perce its under the task of the security guys. It just so happen that i also do maintain the authorization in our organization

33. What is the tcode to maintain the positions and to view all the positions...

ANS:1 use PPOME,PPOSE,PPOCE.

Special for positions use: S_AHR_61016502.

ANS:2 Use Transaction PO13 to maintain, create and view positions.
You can also use PP01, But PO13 is only intended for positions however PP01 is a generic one.

ANS:3 Different from regular Tcodes use Tcode PSOS to view all position in one screen, after entering the Tcode PSOS, choose "Existing Positions" (else choose as per your requirement) form the window displayed...! then you can find all existing positions in the system available.

ANS:4 u can maintain positions using PPOCE, P013, PP01, PP03, PPOC_OLD.
and using PSOS u can view all the positions and its reporting structures, position description and some features.

34. to know which organizational Unit is managed by which position i.e. which is the chief position in particular Organizational unit. In which table i can get this relation ship.

ANS:1 check 1001 infotype for that particular org unit...

ANS:2 Go to HRP1001 table select the OTYPE as O and relationship 012

Or use this tcode S_AHR_61016532
To get org units with Chief Positions, execute this report with selection criteria.
Infotype: 1001, Subtype: B012

ANS:3
standard reports are available in easy access

Existing Organizational Units (Report RHXEXI00)
Staff Functions for Organizational Units (Report RHXSTAB0)
Organizational Structure with Persons (Report RHXSTR02)
Organizational Structure with Work Centers (Report RHXSTR02)
Existing Jobs (Report RHXEXI02)
Job Index (Report RHSTEL00)
Job Description (Report RHXDESC0)
Complete Job Description (Report RHXSCRP0)
Periods for Unoccupied Positions (Report RHFILLPOS)
Existing Positions (Report RHXEXI03)
Staff Assignments (Report RHSBES00)
Position Description (Report RHXDESC1)
Staff Functions for Positions (Report RHXSTAB1)
Authorities and Resources (Report RHXHFMT0)
Planned Labor Costs (Report RHSOLO00/RHXSOLO00)
Vacant Positions (Report RHVOPOS0)
Obsolete Positions (Report RHVOPOS1)
Complete Position Description (Report RHXSCRP1)
Reporting Structure without Persons (Report RHSTR05)
Reporting Structure with Persons (Report RHSTR04)
Existing Work Centers (Report RHXEXI05)
Work Centers per Organizational Unit (Report RHXSTRU06)
Existing Tasks (Report RHXEXI04)
Activity Profile of Positions (Report RHXSTR07)
Activity Profile of Positions with Persons (Report RHXSTR08)
Existing Objects (Report RHEXIST0)
Structure Display/Maintenance (RHSTRU00)
Reporting on an Infotype (Report RHINFAW0)
Starting an HR Report (Report RHPNPSUB)

35. We changed the position name in Production Server, Saved and Exit. Then when we go to PA30 and 0001, the position name is the samem but in OM it is changed.. It hasnt changed yet and it is not changing. I tried all the integration aspects t770s. Then run every possible report rhinteXX. Still i dont see the 0001 position text changed.

ANS:1 Which rhinteXX did you run??

If its Rhinte00 did u run the session created in transaction SM35 .... please note that the session created with the name of your SAP UserID (default session name) needs to be executed in SM35 onlt then the changes takes place.

ANS:2 Check in the table V_528B_C, whether the same positions are available or not.
For position text check the table V_T528T.

I have checked the table, run rhinte 00, checked the dates. But still it doesn’t change.

ANS: 3 I checked in DEV. I changed the Position Description/short text. Again run the transaction PA30, checked the PERNR and position description/short text was changed.

When i do it, it doesnt work until i put the start date much previous to the current date. Then i can see it in 0001 position text. but let me know wht date ur starting the change. Are u making any date changes or just changing it?

ANS:4 I am just changing the description only... No date modification...Changing date is not allowed as it's disabled for CHANGE operation in PP01/PP02..

I have got BEGDA = 1900/01/01 ENDDA = 9999/12/31, I can see the change immediately

ANS:5 did you check the following switch in T77S0:
PLOGI SPLIT Integration: New IT 0001 record at name change

The description (F1) states:

Integration: New Infotype 0001 Record When Description Is Changed

If the value entered is 'X' and you change the description of positions, jobs or organizational units, new infotype 0001 records for the personnel numbers concerned are created on the date of the change(s).
This means that the system will always display the up-to-date descriptions of named objects, both in Personnel Administration transactions and in reports on persons.

If the description of an object is changed on a particular date (as of Release 4.5, this is done in Organizational Management by copying a record from infotype 1000, "object"), the system first establishes which personnel numbers are affected by this, and marks them internally. Then, you should use report RHINTE30 (parameter "Open Personnel Numbers Only") to create a batch input session. After this session has been processed, new infotype 0001 records for the person(s) concerned are created.

If the field PLOGI SPLIT is blank, the system only creates new infotype 0001 records if the assignment itself (that is, the number of the position, job or organizational unit) changes.

Seems to be just what you are looking for. However the downside is that this will increase the data in IT0001.

We have another problem. The thing is we already have mini master in the system before full implementation. The client is already using the production server. The new Ent & Personnel Structure has changed. So the second phase implementation when it goest live. Since we already have some infotypes holding data and also since there is Structure changes, How do i manage the uploads?

1) Should i delimit the old infotypes with an action and Create a new action saying 2nd phase upload? using 2 actions

2) Should i copy the infotype in 2nd phase action type upload and give the new data through BDC? using one action?

37. Where do we maintain address in Organisation Management ?

ANS:1 In transaction PO10 you can enter addresses in infotype P1028. If you scroll down in the list the address infotype is after PD profiles, cost distribution, quota planning, and site-dependent info.

ANS:2 if u want to maintain the address of org unit the IT is 1028.
for a person u can do it in IT 6.. Both the infotypes have subtypes... u can create new entries if u need more..

38. What is the relationship for dual reporting in OM.

ANS:1 A/B 262 - Reports to is superior of.

ANS:2 After giving A/B 262 relationship,. i am not able to check the dotted line reporting in PPOM_OLD

ANS:3 Have you selected the Reporting Structure View.

I thought that, you need the view of two dimensional report. To view the Dotted line Reporting, its A088

We dont hav any relationship called A/B 088

38. We are having problems in the Integration between PA and OM.
When we try to assign an employee to a different position on the OM side using T-code PPOM, we delimit and create a vacancy. That works fine.
But, when we go to the PA30 Transaction and see the IT 0000 and 0001 for that employee, it doesn't update it instead we get a warning saying " Employee has more than one position " but when we look at the overview it has only one position assigned to it.

ANS:1 Have you executed the RHINTE reports after you have set up the integration?
If not execute the reports first and then try to assign a person to a position from the PA side

ANS;2 Use report program RHINTE00 for PA-OM integration

but, it doesn't work.

ANS:3 Execute this report - RHINTE30
ANS:4 check the report RHINTE20

ANS:5 just go to SPRO
PM--> OM--> Integration--> Integration with PA.

Here check whether "X" is there as a default value in the feature PLOGI or not.
I think that will solve your problem. And check the IT0001 once again

39. The company that I work for is a growing one and new businesses / units keep getting added / subtracted on a monthly basis in the OM module. We are having a really tough time creating personnel areas and subareas in the PA module , to match the changes in the OM module.

Also since all our reporting is done from the PA module ,we end up with incorrect results for our customized reports.

We thought of countering the problem by giving the Organizational Unit as a selection criteria in our reports (that use logical database pnp). But the report turns out employees only in that particular organizational unit and not the units that form its sub structure.

1. Can you suggest the best way to deal with trying to map the OM and PA modules ?
2. Any inputs on how to get the employees from the sub org units of an superior org unit to appear on the report.

ANS:1 you could run your PA reports through report RHPNPSUB (transaction S_AHR_61016533).

ANS:2 for point 2 please press the ****on "Org.structure" on the PNP selection screen. There mark the topmost Org.unit and all PERNR beneath it following the path O-S-P will be collected as a starting set for the report.
You only need to mark the starting Org.Unit not every single one.

If the Push****on is not available change the reporting class so that it is displayed.

ANS:3 am unable to understand your question and also the logic of creating Personnel Area & Subareas in line with the changes made in OM.
do you mean to say that due to massive changes that you carry out in OM, your PA could not be updated?

First you check whether there is an integration between PA & OM.
second, SAP provides standard reports which are RHINTE00,10,20&30 with different functionalities to update PA whenever you carry out changes in OM.

To avoid manual execution of these reports on daily/weekly/monthly basis, you may create a batch process and define scheduling so that these reports would run automatically without someone executing this manually.
in order to create batch process you can take the help of either an ABAPer or Basis Administrator.

40. In om how to create the reporting structure.
reporting means dept. staff to dept. heads & all dept.heads to gms & all these gms ed/ceo...like that.

ANS:1 Use Transaction PPOM or PO13.